The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is advising waterfowl hunters that hours and sign-in procedures have been updated at two Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) in Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties. At Perch River and Wilson Hill, hunters are now required to sign-in via registration books and hunting is allowed from one half-hour before sunrise until noon. Additional procedures are described below.
Perch River WMA, Jefferson County:
- Hunters must sign in at the check station each day of the hunt prior to entering the Wetlands Restricted Area; and
- DEC staff will not be available at the check station this season.
Wilson Hill WMA, St. Lawrence County:
- Hunters must register at the registration kiosk via the registration book prior to entering the Wetlands Restricted Area;
- Hunters are required to sign out and report harvest prior to leaving;
- On opening day of the Northeast Zone duck season, hunters may enter the area no earlier than one hour before legal shooting begins; and
- After opening day of the Northeast Zone duck season, hunters may enter the area any time after midnight.
On all waterfowl hunting season days, hunters must leave the Wetlands Restricted Area by 2 p.m. For more information on DEC hunting seasons and regulations visit the DEC website or contact the regional wildlife office at 315-785-2263.